Thursday 19 August 2010

In Conversation: Gbemisola Ikumelo

In Conversation: Gbemisola Ikumelo

I think we are achieving it. I don’t think it is something that we have achieved because as long as Faith Drama keeps going, that is something we have to keep achieving and keep re-inventing ways to make it better. I mean last year we did a really large scale production and though I did feel we achieved so many things, I do feel that there are a lot of things we could have done differently and better. It is a constant journey. For example, we have a young lady who is going off to one of the top drama schools in the country. Though when I first met her, it was more a case where she wanted to go to university and study psychology and do drama on the side but the experience of Faith Drama for her was one of self discovery. Where she found out that she wants to be an actor and she wants to perform. So yeah, I do think we are achieving that.

Keep reading...

No comments: